Saturday, September 24, 2011

Detail, Detail, Detail


Time for another update on my latest house! I've decided to make this house a restaurant. So far I've really only made an outdoor dining area, and the sign in area. Oh, and I've planted the waiters (King Parsleys), and the band (King Parsley and the Trumpet Vines). When you first enter the house (in the picture above), you see a ring of hedges around you.

I'm probably going to put hedges all over the outside, giving the impression that you're in a hedge maze.

If you go to the right, you'll come to the outdoor bar.

I just planted the band a few days ago.

Here's the bar. I thought about crafting mannequins for the waiters, but I decided against it. The King Parsleys add much more than mannequins do. The plants move around and make noise, while the mannequins just, well, sit there. 
Unfortunately, he's still just a seedling.
Here's where I get to the title of the post. Detail. In some houses, I've found I can't add a lot of detail. By the time I'm done adding trees, I've gotten halfway to the item limit. (this is generally in the smaller houses, like Wooded Cottage, and Oasis Camp). In this house, it has a small area to place things, but a large item limit. That means that you can use a ridiculous amount of detail. Here, I originally just placed the counter. To add more detail to the counter, I added some flower pots, the sign in book, and a quill. At that point, I thought the area behind the counter looked a bit empty. So, I added the brazier, and plants. The fish tank also helps fill up the space. It also helps give the house a "restaurant" feel. Ever been to a restaurant where you can pick your own lobster? 
And on the other side of the room is where you wait for a table.

Here, I started out with the two settees, and the brazier/elephant ear/portrait combination I had on the other side. Even after this, there was still an empty space behind the settees, so I added the same vases I used on the other side. By using a lot of the same housing items, it makes the two sides of the room seem almost symmetrical, but still unique.

In the four corners of the main room I'm adding these Stone Fountains. 

Bookcases, I'll add books later.

This idea I got from the latest house I've added to the house gallery (If you guys haven't seen that yet, I advise you to do so).

I also used this on another door. To get downstairs, you will have to use the other entrance. To get  upstairs, you'll have to use the spiral staircase I'll be making later on.

That's all for now, so Happy House Decorating!

-Malorn

P.S.
ATTENTION 2ND PLACE WINNER OF THE HOUSING CONTEST: CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY FOR YOUR PRIZE. 


2 comments:

  1. I like how Selena is on fire. BTW Plz tell me how to stack things on top of each other like with the hedges and how you don't have tatami mats sticking off everything. Your house rox! You should enter it for better homes and gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll talk about stacking hedges soon. But to answer your question about removing carpets, just simply put another carpet underneath, or attached to the carpet sticking out. Then pick up the new carpet (the old one should come with it). I would like to see my house on better homes and gardens, but unfortunately I'm not on central anymore (Jester got mad at me when I protested a choice of his). If it's possible to enter better homes and gardens via email or other way, I'd love to!

    ReplyDelete